Harvest Festival 2018 Details and Directions
2018 Traditional Weather Harvest Festival
Saturday, October 6, 2018
Please arrive at or before 11:30 am for the ceremony, which goes from 12 noon to 4:30 pm.
Offerings for the Weather Beings. Each person attending, please bring all three of these: fresh whole fruits, cut flowers, and bread. Local is great, if you can find it.
A potluck item to share reflecting the abundant harvest. You may choose to bring a mug for your use to save on paper cups.
Clothing to fit the weather throughout the day and afternoon.
Family and friends who want to celebrate with us. This is a kid-friendly event!
Your interest and open heart.
Please bring a donation for the Harvest Festival.
Please bring a donation for our beautiful Sacred Fire Council House, the venue for our festival.
Directions to Sacred Fire Asheville and the Sacred Fire Council House:
Please park at 90 Rocky Hollow, Weaverville NC.
• From Asheville, take I-40 to I-240 to 19-23 (aka I-26) North towards Weaverville.
• Exit # 15: Jupiter-Barnardsville.
• Left off exit ramp onto Jupiter Rd.
• First right onto old 19-23 (possibly no road sign).
• Go ½ mile, veer to left onto Locust Grove Rd (blue sign for Baptist church).
• Go 1 ½ miles, turn right onto Rocky Hollow (gravel road).
• Proceed to the 5th drive on the left, # 90 Rocky Hollow. Marked with a "Park Here" sign to the Parking area to the left of the A-frame house. From parking area, walk left up to the fire structure on the hill to the left of the parking area. Someone will greet you there and tell you what’s next!